The current situation in Emmerdale is dramatic.
But when isn’t it, anyway?
Meena Jutla (Paige Sandhu), who had terrorized the village for more than a year, finally left our screens earlier this year after being given a 75-year prison sentence.
However, may there have been more upcoming cast changes?
Emmerdale cast: Who is leaving, returning to and joining the cast?
Emmerdale cast 2022
The full present regular cast for Emmerdale can be found below.
- Chris Chittell as Eric Pollard
- Claire King as Kim Tate
- Isabel Hodgins as Victoria Sugden
- Steve Halliwell as Zak Dingle
- James Hooton as Sam Dingle
- Lisa Riley as Mandy Dingle
- Mark Charnock as Marlon Dingle
- Dominic Brunt as Paddy Kirk
- Samantha Giles as Bernice Blackstock
- Eden Taylor-Draper as Belle Dingle
- Emma Atkins as Charity Dingle
- Jeff Hordley as Cain Dingle
- Tony Audenshaw as Bob Hope
- Patrick Mower as Rodney Blackstock
- Sally Dexter as Faith Dingle
- Nicola Wheeler as Nicola King
- Zoe Henry as Rhona Goskirk
- Rosie Bentham as Gabby Thomas
- Charlotte Bellamy as Laurel Thomas
- Lucy Pargeter as Chas Dingle
- Nick Miles as Jimmy King
- Jack Downham as Noah Dingle
- Katie Hill as Sarah Sugden
- Sam Hall as Samson Dingle
- Matthew Wolfenden as David Metcalfe
- Lesley Dunlop as Brenda Walker
- Roxy Shahidi as Leyla Cavanagh
- Natalie J. Robb as Moira Dingle
- Ash Palmisciano as Matty Barton
- Chris Bisson as Jai Sharma
- Fiona Wade as Priya Sharma
- Joe-Warren Plant as Jacob Gallagher
- Natalie Ann Jamieson as Amy Wyatt
- Daisy Campbell as Amelia Spencer
- Bhasker Patel as Rishi Sharma
- Liam Fox as Dan Spencer
- Laura Norton as Kerry Wyatt
- Michelle Hardwick as Vanessa Woodfield
- Katherine Dow Blyton as PC Harriet Finch
- Jonny McPherson as Dr Liam Cavanagh
- Amy Walsh as Tracy Metcalfe
- Isobel Steele as Liv Dingle
- Karen Blick as Lydia Dingle
- Olivia Bromley as Dawn Fletcher
- James Moore as Ryan Stocks
- Rebecca Sarker as Dr Manpreet Sharma
- Jay Kontzle as Billy Fletcher
- Bradley Johnson as Vinnie Dingle
- Joshua Richards as Bear Wolf
- Dean Andrews as Will Taylor
- Jurell Carter as Nate Robinson
- Susan Cookson as Wendy Posner
- Michael Wildman as Al Chapman
- Lawrence Robb as Mackenzie Boyd
- Kevin Mathurin as Charles Anderson
- Emile John as Ethan Anderson
- Jessie Elland as Chloe Harris
- Darcy Grey as Marcus Dean
- Louise Jameson as Mary Goskirk
- Martelle Edinborough as Suzy Merton
- Karene Peter as Naomi Walters
Here are the following changes ahead to the regular cast.
Faith Dingle (Sally Dexter)
In upcoming scenes, Faith Dingle will be grappling with her terminal illness diagnosis after learning that her disease has returned.
Actress Sally Dexter will be leaving her role as Faith in the upcoming months, but will she reconcile with her children Chas Dingle and Cain Dingle before she passes away?
It has been revealed that the character will pass away in scenes that will air in October as part of the soap opera’s 50th anniversary festivities.
Dexter told TV Times that he thought the leave tale was fantastic. Although I haven’t seen the scripts for her passing, I’m hoping for the best outcome possible. This is a larger family story rather than just a cancer story.
“The wonderful aspect of death is the event that comes before it, namely life and all the love that surrounds it. To celebrate her, I’d adore it if everyone watching had a miniature bottle of gin.”
Faith will be sorely missed!
Tracy Metcalfe (Amy Walsh)
Tracy was written out of Emmerdale in a heartbreaking leaving plot as actress Amy Walsh left on maternity leave to spend time with her infant, who she welcomed over Christmas 2021/2022 with partner Toby-Alexander Smith (aka EastEnders’ Gray Atkins).
Tracy seemed to be warming up to Nate Robinson after their breakup over his covert one-night fling until she learned that she had been offered a job in Nottingham to assist other women experiencing post-natal depression like she had.
Tracy and baby Frankie left the town for a new life after bidding a tearful farewell to Nate and Vanessa.
Now, Tracy will make a comeback alongside Frankie in October 2022 as part of the 50th anniversary festivities for Emmerdale.
Will Tracy and Nate find peace? And what will she think if Nate developed a passionate new romance while she was away?
We do know that Amy Walsh’s reappearance is merely temporary and that she will eventually make a permanent return.
Nate will receive some news from Amy when she returns, but how will he react to it?
Diane Sugden (Elizabeth Estensen)
Diane Sugden, a former Woolpack landlady, left Emmerdale in October 2021 but will come back for a guest appearance a year later.
In honor of the soap opera’s 50th anniversary, actress Elizabeth Estensen is resuming her role as Diane, albeit the specifics of her comeback have not yet been made public.
Estensen commented at the time of her departure from the soap: “I’ve had a great experience portraying Diane Sugden for the past 22 years. She is compassionate, dependable, and devoted. But I think it’s time for us to part ways now. I will always have a soft spot for Emmerdale. I have had the nicest friends and coworkers, both past and present, who have always treated me with respect and kindness. I will sincerely miss everyone.”
What would daughter Bernice Blackstock and stepdaughter Victoria Sugden think of Diane’s return to the village after selling her stakes in The Grange? Diane emotionally departed the community in a car after doing so.
Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller)
Aaron Dingle, a fan favorite on Emmerdale, is scheduled to make a guest appearance in the serial in October as part of the 50th anniversary festivities.
Late last year, actor Danny Miller left the serial opera to compete on I’m A Celebrity. The 2021 season of Get Me Out of Here! will be successful.
Producer of the show Jane Hudson said during a discussion of Aaron’s upcoming scenes that he will be closely involved in the narratives of his mother Chas Dingle and sister Liv Dingle.
Hudson observed: “Aaron is, of course, back. Will Aaron learn that his mother is having an affair with Paddy, whom he views as his father? What will he learn, that Sandra isn’t just about Liv? Consequently, there is a major tale developing there.”
Aaron undoubtedly has unfinished business because he previously left the village when the nasty Meena Jutla killed his boyfriend Ben Tucker and falsely arrested Liv for the crime.
Will Aaron reconcile with Liv and Chas before leaving our screens once more?